Thursday, January 28, 2010

FUN FACTS: Top 10 things... Vol 1.

To my most loyal followers (all 3 of you) and to those of you who read without following (which I would like to think is more than 3), I bid thee welcome to a long overdue post. I must say I was expecting a hard/busy semester, but I wasn't expecting this. It seems I feel almost burnt out already and it is the second week of school haha. So to get my mind off of school for a little while, I thought I would return to the blogging world and grace you with my presence. (ok so that was pretty much not humble, but I'm in a slightly playful mood...probably due to lack of sleep).

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your enjoyment, I would like to present FUN FACTS. The subtitle will be filled in with something sortta random but in someway related to women and our personalities...but sometimes I'll throw something whimsical in there. So, without further ado, FUN FACTS: Top 10 things that women need.

1. Women need to feel loved. I personally believe EVERYONE needs this feeling and security. But I also think it is very critical for women. This is more than the "I Love You" that should always be exchanged in a relationship. For women, actions are heavily tied with emotions. And usually, though ALL women liked to be surprised by something big, it is the small things that men do (i.e. random i'm thinking of you texts or hey, lets do something...i really want to be with you) that really make women feel loved by their men. It is sometimes funny that men think that they just have to do that stuff for a little while, until they "have" the girl...but here is a news flash for you men...you should do this kind of thing all the time...and even up into your marriage. There a certain things that you can never say too much to the woman you profess to love. For example...#1 I LOVE YOU, #2 I am a lucky guy, #3 I love getting to see you, #4 You are beautiful. I know it may seem like you say it once and we should just remember it regardless, but I'm truly sorry, it doesn't work that way. Romance is what every woman dreams about for her life. I think men would find it almost funny the kinds of dreams we girls have regarding marriage and the life with the man of our dreams. In a way it is not unlike the fairy tales...and though life never plays out like a fairy tale, the one thing that always happens is that the woman and the man are deeply in love and "live happily ever after" even if life itself is a dark and scary place. At least they have each other...and both partners should remember and remind each other of that fact.

2. Women need to feel important. It is no hidden fact that women did not always hold the same place as men in this world. Even now in some cultures women are still treated like possessions. And though I strongly believe there are some jobs which should be served in a male capacity, women love to feel useful. This is true in the workplace but also in the relationship. A woman needs to feel like you want her to be around...that you value her in good times and in bad times. I promise men, if you uplift your woman, she will respect you more and it will pay off big time.

3. Women need to feel trust. Duh... Well as basic as it sounds, it is true. I want to feel like my guy can come to me (and better yet, wants to come to me first) about anything in his life. Not all girls are the blabber mouthed, gossip frogs seen on many TV shows or experience in real life. I know when my guy tells me something that really opens up to me, I get a wonderful feeling that makes me feel so special b/c he trusted me enough to tell me.

4. Women need communication. OK guys we need your help...and I believe you need ours in this area. It is a fact that women speak about double the amount that guys speak so I know this is hard for you guys to comprehend. But get this...we LOVE to talk to you. We would love to know how your day went and what you did, and what you learned and in short EVERYTHING. I know this seems like a little strange cuz you guys could care less what your guys friends were doing. But esp. when we can't see you, we want to talk...regardless if we say so or not. We need to know how you feel on so many levels. Like were you are in the relationship and things of that nature. Also, women love the guys opinion on anything. So next time your girl or even a female friend asks your opinion, don't say whichever, give her a meaningful answer This is one field that need continual work on by both parties.

5. Women need surprises. Don't get freaked out guys...I'm not talking about fancy gifts or expensive dates (though these are most welcome occasionally ;) ). What i'm talking about is little unexpected ways to show your love that they are on your mind and that you indeed love them. This can be done in countless ways. Guys you are creative! esp when you put some effort into it. If a guy wants something, he only has to put his mind to it to get it done. We women love the surprise that you even did a simple thing to make us feel special. This is also something that should spill over into marriage.

6. Women need sports. Ok guys, we all know that you are all sports fanatics. And that is amazing....that you can keep all the teams and the members straight and that you know countless random facts about each an every sport. The reason I say that women need sports is because deep down we really love them. I know for one I do. And it isn't so much as I know a lot about them, cuz honestly I know VERY little (as I'm sure my boyfriend can attest to) but I love to participate in something my man loves. I love getting to see him play as well as the joy he finds in sports. It makes me love the game that much more. Plus it is really cool cuz guys find it really attractive...not women being "one of the guys" but women who enjoy watching the game with them.

7. Women need chocolate. Yes, this is slightly humorous but I pity the women who cannot have chocolate! It solves many woes haha. All is right in a world with chocolate!...P.S. GREAT MOVIE Chocolate....

8. Women need shopping. As my mother says, "it's cheaper than therapy." In some ways this is very true. Shopping can be very therapeutic for a girl. I think it gives us an opportunity to think things through and pray about it. Also, nice things make us feel better :) on all levels. I'm definitely not saying that the way to make up for things is by buying your way back into your girls good graces, I'm just saying that even if a girl doesn't buy anything, the action "shopping" can be very good for a girl. I guess in a similar way as sitting in a chair doing or saying nothing (or playing video games/watching countless movies) can be therapeutic for a man. The fine line between reality and insanity though has to be kept in perspective. If these things (for both parties) dominates a lifestyle, it can lead to very bad consequences.

9. Women need advice. Why do you think we like talking to other women or consult our mothers when we totally don't get something you guys do? For me, (though I can put on a pretty convincing show) I don't understand guys completely. I understand some aspects but then he will do something seemingly innocent and it pulls the rug out from under me unexpectedly. Girls find comfort in talking about it and though guys may eventually talk about it, they want to turn introspective for awhile till they are collected enough to talk it out rationally. Yeah, sometimes guys will ask advice of their guy friends but usually guys like to "figure it out" on their own. This is hard for me to understand cuz I know I need all the help I can get to be the right wife for my future husband. The strongest place that I can get my advice is from God. He is my sustainer and never leaves me. I strongly suggest that you talk to HIM first. :)

10. Women need Men. OK I admit it...we can't live with you...but we CERTAINLY cannot live without you. It is how we were designed to be! And yes guys...you know you need us ;) I love this fact. It is quite comforting to me that women are created for men and vice versa. God, in his infinite wisdom, has created quite the symbiotic relationship (yes that is a science word, but what do you expect?) I am so grateful for my guy and know I'm completely blessed to have him in my life.

Well folks, I think that does it for tonight. I hope you enjoyed it. I apologize in advance for the delay between posts. Life is crazy! Until then, much love and stay out of trouble kids.

~Dr. Jess M.D.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Bowman,
    It's good to have an opinion from the other side. Not often do we get to here the female side of the story, and I appreciate this post. Insightful.

    -a.

    ReplyDelete