I had a strange idea the other day about starting a blog. My mind instantly jumped to my fellow friends and the incredibly funny, seriously moving, and smashingly good things they write about. I seriously doubt I will attain that level of entertainment, but I thought I would add a female voice to the realm of my friends. Thanks to the encouragement of said friends, namely Bill Monthie and Andrew Clark, I have finally gotten up the guts to do this...so here goes.
I should probably start by introducing myself...Dr. Jess M.D. Well the name is inspired in more ways than one. It has always been a dream of mine to get my doctorate. Up until my senior year of high school I thought it would be in math or computer science, but then I thought, "hey I want to be a doctor"...a neurologist. But, if you know anything about med school, you know that residency follows the schooling. Ends up I would have had a 7 year residency on top of everything else and I very quickly changed my mind on that :) So then I started looking into other career paths and have found myself waiting to be accepted into graduate school for a Ph. D in Biochemistry or Neuroscience. In reading this paragraph you might be thinking, "oh my gosh she's a geek, and this blog is going to be boring" but be forewarned that I am no geek. Also, boring is a matter of opinion as I do not hide the subject of this blog, nor are you forced to read it, haha :).
Now, on the matter of the true origin of "Dr. Jess, M.D." You must admit that name has a certain ring to it...like it would be a good TV show title. The name originates a few years ago when I first met a friend named Bill. Don't get any idea's now cuz we started out as "business partners," very official and formal would be the words describing our initial friendship. The reason I say "business partners" was because at the time I met him, I was "talking" to this guy and didn't want to "hug" a bunch of other guys in front of said person, especially since I just had met Bill. So, I shook his hand. Yes, that's right, very formal "nice to met ya." Needless to say, our business partner status did not last long and we are to this day very good friends. (OH, and just if you are wondering, it didn't work out with said guy above, but very shortly after this, I was introduced to the most wonderful guy, Danny Latin, and yes things are working VERY well on that note....P.S. I love you baby!) Well Bill is quite a character. Just saying that does not do him justice...but one night, in the company of Danny Latin, Bill Monthie, and Andrew Clark...and possibly others like Master Trammell and others that I can't remember at this time, we were talking about various TV shows. We were picking out which actresses and actors we would want to portray our lives if we ever got a TV show about us. It was very humerous...but we started picking out names for the our shows...and Bill stumbled onto Dr. Jess, M.D. And as it is said...the rest is history. He and I liked it a lot...and when he finally gets his big break in the movie industry as a director, he is going to make this TV series. So keep your eyes pealed, ladies and gents, for the award winning styles of Bill Monthie and company.
Bill is not the only one who will make my name a house-hold icon (jk haha)...Master Clark will be writing my biography one day...but that is a story for another day. If it isn't obvious, I have been blessed with some amazing friends and an incredible boyfriend whom I know I wouldn't be the same if they weren't in my life...
I am a girl: which to some means I'm any number of things including dumb, inferior, stupid, unnecessarily flirty or moody, but most of all complicated. So I will draw upon my skills as a former yearbook editor to attempt to present everyday life happenings from a girls perspective and also attempt to explain the reasoning behind the conditions (whatever or whomever they might be) that make things complicated. I welcome friendly conversation over any topic and also ideas for topics you may want to hear a girls point of view on. These may be anonymous or not...that's up to you. Also, there is a reason I am choosing and career in the sciences....it is because I loath, hate, and despise grammar and spelling. Therefore, I apologize for any misspelled or misused words or sentence structure. Though I am not completely without talent in these areas, I have been known on multiple occasions to mess up...feel free to correct (gently that is) any egregious errors you may find.
Well I shall reveal more about myself as the blog continuous. You may find parts of my life slightly "soap-opera"ish but it will be the truth. I may also omit names, for obvious reasons, in the future writings. For a list of all disclaimers, please visit....wait this isn't an infomercial...sorry :) Well friends, this is for you....I hope you enjoy.
Dr. Jess, M.D.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you joined the fold here, Jess, we could use a few more X chromosomes unencumbered with a Y in this sea of masculinity (there's some science for you). I like your style... keep it coming.
ReplyDeleteJess you are making a historical mark on the world of blogging! As Bill said,"Keep it coming"
ReplyDelete